In this unit, writers will refine writing skills they can use both to express themselves through poetry and to deepen their understanding and appreciation of poems written by others. At the end of the unit, authors will produce a collection of POETRY and perform/ publish one that engages the reader with voice, structure, imagery and devices, as well as deliberate stylistic choices.
- How do we use the writing process and peer feedback to revise our writing?
- How can we use our experiences or memories as material for our writing?
- How can we use our writing to help us better understand the world?
- How can we use our knowledge of imagery, figurative language, structure, setting, plot, conflict, etc. to reach our readers?
- How do we express ourselves in a creative and original way?