Here is a GREAT opportunity for Juniors and Seniors!!! B of A provides paid Student Leader internship and training for students. Check it out – you probably have some students who might be just right for this opportunity. Here’s the info:
Interested in being a 2015 Student Leader®?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a 2015 Student Leader®. The application period for 2015 will be open November 1st – January 31st.
Eligibility Criteria: Student Leaders is an eight-week summer experience for high school juniors and seniors. Student Leaders includes a paid internship with a local nonprofit organization as well as the Student Leaders Summit in Washington, D.C. Student Leaders gives young leaders the opportunity to develop and apply leadership skills through hands-on community work experience while discovering their own talents for serving their community and leading others.
To become a Student Leader, you must:
· Currently be a junior or senior in high school
· Be able to participate in an 8-week paid internship at a local nonprofit/charitable organization and work 35 hours a week
· Be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship through the end of September
· Be able to participate in a week-long Student Leadership Summit in Washington, DC from July 12-17, 2015 (All expenses paid as part of the Student Leaders Program. This week will be part of your 8-week experience.)
· Be a student in good standing at your school
· Obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or school administrator